Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (65): Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for! 

This Week's Pick: Messenger of Fear (Messenger of Fear #1) by Michael Grant
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: September 23rd, 2014

I remembered my name – Mara. But, standing in that ghostly place, faced with the solemn young man in the black coat with silver skulls for buttons, I could recall nothing else about myself.

And then the games began.

The Messenger sees the darkness in young hearts, and the damage it inflicts upon the world. If they go unpunished, he offers the wicked a game. Win, and they can go free. Lose, and they will live out their greatest fear.

But what does any of this have to do with Mara? She is about to find out . . . (Summary from Goodreads)

Guys, the Gone series by Michael Grant is one of my favourites. I remember bringing home the first one from the library, back when I was fourteen. I didn't know what I had gotten myself into. I waited (impatiently) for every single book after that, and loved each of them more and more. They were disturbing, and frightening, and addicting, and oh so good. They all seem long but I can never manage to stop reading them. I still haven't read Light, the final book, because I just can't bear to let this series go. I love it too much. And it solidified everything Michael Grant writes being put on my TBR.

I'm SO EXCITED for Messenger of Fear. It sounds unique and spooky and exactly what I've come to expect from Michael Grant! The description reminds me a bit of The Devouring by Simon Holt, a series I freakin' loved as a young teen. I can't wait to see what Messenger of Fear is all about!

What are you waiting on this week?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

1 comment:

  1. I;ve never read a Michael Grant book but this sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!