Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Most Anticipated: Contemporary

Hello, lovely people!

Here's part two of my Most Anticipated list! On this one, I have a bunch of the my most anticipated contemporary books! I guarantee you, I missed some. (About an hour after I posted my supernatural list, I realized, life, five books missing from it!) But, here's a bunch and whatever I missed will be on my monthly books lists!

January

7th: No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale
- I've heard nothing but good things about this one and I'm really excited to read it for myself!
7th: The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Although I've never read anything by Laurie Halse Anderson, I've heard how amazing she is. This book seems a bit out of my comfort zone but I'm willing to give it a try!
28th: And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard
- I was a big fan of Jenny Hubbard's novel Paper Covers Rock. It was unique and interesting and that end was really impacting. Although I usually don't read books about this topic, I think Jenny Hubbard could do it well!

March
   

4th: Panic by Lauren Oliver
- Although I've been disappointed with Lauren Oliver books in the past, I adored Before I Fall and hope her new stand-alone lives up to my expectations! 

April


1st: This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready
- Jeri Smith-Ready is such an incredible storyteller. This book sounds like its going to be gut-wrenching but I seriously can't wait to read it.  
1st: Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
- I don't even know if I would call this contemporary exactly, but it sure sounds intriguing. And ever so slightly disturbing. 
15th: The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
- I absolutely adore Jennifer E. Smith's books and I am so so so excited to read her new one!


15th: What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- I finally read My Life Next Door over the summer and it put Huntley Fitzpatrick on my auto-read list!
- Doesn't this book just sound so dang good? It's also by Jenny Han which means it's going to be fantastic.

May

6th: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- I've heard such good things about Morgan Matson, and this book description sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to diving into it!
13th: The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer
- This sounds like a really interesting novel and I can't wait to unravel in mystery!

July

1st: On the Fence by Kasie West
- This just sounds like the perfect summer book!
8th: Through to You by Lauren Barnholdt
- I loveeeeee Lauren Barnholdt! She's so much fun and her characters are so great. I'll read anything she writes!
17th: #scandal by Sarah Ockler
- Despite being told numerous times that I need to read her books, I still haven't read any of Sarah Ockler's! This one sounds so good and I'm thinking an Ockler binge read will be in order this summer!

October
7th: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
- This one sounds thrilling and intriguing! 

No Release Date
Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
- I still haven't read Fire with Fire with I need to remedy ASAP but I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up! Burn for Burn was fantastic!

It looks like it's going to be a great year for contemporaries!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)
 

1 comment:

  1. No One Else Can Have You and The Impossible Knife of Memory were amazing. You should read them ASAP. I'm also pretty excited for Panic, The Secrets of Lily Graves, The Geography of You and Me and Dear Killer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!