Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (45): Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

This Week's Pick: Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: April 30th 2013

Moving to a new high school sucks. Especially a rich-kid private school. With uniforms. But nothing is worse than finding out the first girl you meet is dead. And a klepto.

No one can see or hear Kimberlee except Jeff, so--in hopes of bringing an end to the snarkiest haunting in history--he agrees to help her complete her "unfinished business." But when the enmity between Kimberlee and Jeff's new crush, Sera, manages to continue posthumously, Jeff wonders if he's made the right choice.

Clash meets sass in this uproarious modern-day retelling of Baroness Orczy's The Scarlet Pimpernel.

This sounds all kinds of adorable. And I totally love adorable books. Although I've only read the first book in the Wings series, I always watch out for Aprilynne Pike books. When I heard of Life After Theft I knew I had to have it ASAP. I really like the concept, and the characters sound fantastic. It looks like the kind of book that's going to keep me intrigued and smiling the whole way through. I cannot wait to get my copy!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

3 comments:

  1. I've got to admit I am pretty intrigued by this book. I'm not usually a ghost person but it does sound cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also only read the first book in the Wings series (although I intend on picking the rest of the books up at some point since I really enjoyed the first one), but I can't wait to read this! It sounds so awesome!
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I actually just posted a review for this on my blog about an hour ago. It's pretty good and I love that cover.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!